We do our very best to protect the privacy of those who share personal data with us. This means that:
• We will use personal information only for the purpose for which it was originally collected and we will make sure that we delete it securely
• We will make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect personal information
• We will do our best to ensure personal data is relevant and up to date
• We will only hold as much as we need, and only for as long as we need it
• We will give access to information we hold on individuals on request
• We will be clear as to what information we will collect and how we will use it.
Once we have received personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access in line with best practice for our sector; any transmission of information remains at your own risk, however.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Cobra Running and Triathlon Club, Halesowen Leisure Centre, Pool Road Halesowen, B63 3AF
The information you provide will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act and may be used by Cobra and its agents to supply the services which you have requested.
Why we collect information
1. To provide personalised services unique to individual users 2. To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Name, job title and employer
• contact information including email address and phone number
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• preferences such as issues you are interested in so that we can target our support accordingly
What we do with this information
We need this information to enable you to participate in Club activities, access our services and to better understand how we can provide you with a high-quality service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• internal record keeping (keeping up a database of all our members and all of those on our mailing list)
• keeping you updated on the latest developments in running and triathlon and the training and events we provide
• we may use the information to improve our products and services
• we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
• from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post. We may use the information to customise the services we offer according to your interests.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored secularly by those managing Cobra, its officers and committee with responsibility for the management of the Club. Cobra does not share information or data with other agencies without your permission.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place suitable a Data Protection Policy.
Links to other websites
We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting sites linked to from our website and such sites are not governed by this statement.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete please contact us as soon as possible and we will correct it.
Deleting your information
We will only hold your information for as long as you are either a member of Cobra or are on our mailing list. Members whose membership lapses may be kept on our mailing list and receive information, but can be unsubscribed at any time on request by contacting us on the email address below.
This policy was last updated on 20/05/2015. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Click here for a printable version